Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dev Update #2: And we're still waiting; Waiting on the code to change


Update X509Certificate.cs is my commit to Unity's Mono, that fixes the SSL bug I mentioned in the last post.  It was finally merged 4 days ago, and it's only a matter of time before the release that features the bug fix.

I'm not sure when it will come.  I get excited, and then subsequently disappointed after every minor release.  If I was feeling adventurous, I could probably compile the code myself, but I'm just not sure it's worth the effort.  I mean, I could spend hours getting the code to compile just to find that it won't work, and I still have to wait.  I just don't have that kind of time to waste.

Once the bug fix finally drops, there will probably still be a relatively long wait for Unity 4.6, which contains the new Unity GUI.  In that time, I plan on using the Habit Engine myself with my habitRPG.com account, and then progressively adding the features that I find most useful.  I will probably stick with the current gui code, even though performance may suffer as I add more gui elements;  then I will rewrite the gui after 4.6.

Code Updates:
I recently added HabitRPG sprites.  It still need some polishing up, but it's otherwise fully implemented.  Ignore the lack of data;  I turned that off while working on the GUI.

No comments:

Post a Comment